Bursting the Bubble: Dozens of Random Guesses

Like many things in life my last blog worried me a bit.

As I hit the final 'publish' button I was hit with a wave of instant regret.

What am I doing to the brand I have worked so hard to build? Am I really going to commit to something as intense as foreign football? Will I actually be bothered to write about this again?

Well, regardless of what is ideal I'm going for it anyway and to be honest just writing this second edition makes me feel as though I have surpassed my expectations.

Anyway, I digress.

Today I made a monumental first commitment to this project and created a team for... Fantasy Premier League.

What better way to invest in football than to put your dignity on the line?

With my mates competing against me I feel as though I have no choice but to learn the subtle details of the EPL, it's teams and their players.

However with only hours until the first deadline I didn't have time to familiarize myself and found the process of selecting a team quite overwhelming.

So I put aside my uni assignment due tomorrow and jumped on google in a desperate last minute attempt to learn and consequently scrape together a team my mates wouldn't laugh at.

This is the final result of that process:

What do you think?

Want me in your League? Simply comment your league code down at the bottom or message TBG's Facebook page if you want to keep it a bit more private.

Also feel free to post your current team in the comments section below.

Check out the original 'Bursting the Bubble' blog
http://tbgaust.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/confessions-from-semi-football-fan.html


Comments

  1. You have spent way to much on defenders. I would suggest keeping Ivanovic, Shedding Baines, Evra and Zabaleta, and then buy someone like Coleman, as well as some cheapies around 4-4.5. You can then use the money you saved on you main point getter, strikers. Get rid of Vellios, as he will get zero game time at Everton, and go for someone like Soldado, Dzeko or Lukaku.

    Best to keep in mind also the Chelsea and Villa both have double game weeks in the first round.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Night Lights

It’s time to merge Asia and Oceania

Sports War